My Chiang Mai Google Map List. Most of them I have already reviewed them so you can check my google review for my thoughts and pictures!
I super love Chiang Mai in December it has winter! 10 Degrees. So I decided to compile my Chiang Mai plans in case anyone is interested and needs help with planning their Chiang Mai trip. The last time I went I travelled by Train. The new first-class train is quite comfortable and you will arrive overnight (I will add my experience of buying the train ticket later). I usually rent a car(Avis) if am planning not to stay in the city. If I am just chilling in the city then renting a scooter is best.
Things to do
- Mountain Hiking (Kew Mae Pan)
- Zipline & Jungle Coaster
- Elephants ( There are many research one where they treat the elephants humanely)
- Meteor Shower ( Organised by Thailand Observatory yearly in Mid December at Huai Lan Reservoir)
- Rock Climbing
- White water rafting
- Shooting Range (333)
- Dine IN The River there are a many choices but this is the one I went
- Food Khao Soi must TRY!
- if you are a fan of Pizza you have to try Adirak Pizza
- Nice massage place – Srimantra Spa
- River side Dining in the city – I just saw this on the last day didn’t get to visit it yet.
I recommend planning your activities first then plan your accommodation closest to the activities. Here is something to help understand the different regions.
- Center Square is the heart of Chiang Mai. I would not stay in the centre though. Traffic is terrible.
- South West is where the mountain hiking is. Accommodations are scarce and not great.
- North is where most of the activities and great hotels are.
- Deep in the East is where you can find super luxury splurging-type accommodations. A good blog post here. The East side is also where the Paramotors are.
Places to stay.
All information here can be found in my Google map list.